I have no luck with Roses. My mum grows very beautiful and healthy roses at my hometown. Totally opposite to mine.....sigh.....
The growth will be so good in the beginning. After some months, their leaves wrinkle and the growth stop! Anyone who is expert in rose planting out there?
Nice roses! I also plant roses,but not so many type. Not much attention to her (that why I never post to my blog). Rose easy to have mites, powdery mildew and stem conker in our environment in Malaysia. The simple tips from my friend, just use garlic and turmeric, blend together and spray to them twice a week. Don't let the leaves and stem too dry, if so, easy to get stem conker and mites. There is Malaysia rose society, you can check this out. There is also one blog, really useful for rose maniac, you can check this out and ask them. For me they is quite pro in this area. http://rosesrosasifu.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteI find that deadheading is key for roses. And trimming regularly, every 2-3 months. Keep them well watered and fertilized. These seem to help with the roses at home. Hope it helps a little.
ReplyDeleteI also think you need to make sure to deadhead to encourage more growth, but I'm wondering if you need to check to see if that pot is root bound. Could be you just need to go to a bigger pot.
ReplyDeleteCher Sunray Gardens
I have learn a lot from the commenters' tips here too. Another tip I learn - don't throw away the banana skins the next time you eat bananas. Cut the peels into small pieces, dry them and then bury into the soil. Banana peels are rich in Phosphorus and Potassium.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful bloom! What advice did your mother give you? I think your rose may have spider mites. Usually there are just a few things to know about roses, and each area is different, so talking to other rose growers in your area can be a big help. Roses can be frustrating at first, but you will soon learn. Then you will have beautiful roses like your mom. Good luck!
ReplyDelete