I have not grown corn successfully in the past. There were 10-12 seeds in the packet but only 3 germinated. Others never germinate or died half way. May be it's my fault.
These 3 sweet corns are the survivor in my garden. I don't put much hope in them but I do wish to pick some corns from them. I hope the monkeys don't steal too!
I wish all the blogger Happy Valentine's Day! What's your special plan for today?
These 3 sweet corns are the survivor in my garden. I don't put much hope in them but I do wish to pick some corns from them. I hope the monkeys don't steal too!
I wish all the blogger Happy Valentine's Day! What's your special plan for today?
Nice corn trees. I also have an experience plant corn last time in 1997-2000. I plants it at about 1/4 acre with my belated father. We grown this corn together. Just a small tip, to ensure your corn bigger and with a good quality, 1 plants should have just 2 corns, cannot more than that. If more than that the corn become smaller and the corn not fully grown during harvest. So you have time to harvest the baby corn for your tomyam or 'masak lemak'. Happy Gardening and Happy Valentine's day ;)
ReplyDeleteHi
ReplyDeleteYour Corn plants looks nice. I wish your corn plants will grow well and give you good result.Rose flower looks beautiful.I am first time here,i love plants,your garden blog is so nice.
Happy Gardening.
cheers
rani
Malar, lucky you have Orchid de dangau to give you such useful tips...hope your corn grow healthy and huge!
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's Day, my dear.
Rosie
Malar I hope your sweetcorns will give you delicious cobs to eat. We don't have any plan for valentine as I was too tired, I just want to daydream and visit wonderful blogs like yours tonight:).Hope you have a lovely dinner with your love ones.
ReplyDeleteMalar Im also looking forward for the first corn to appear, I have 6 at the moment. Its so kind of Makarimi to give his expert advice on them too. So hopefully we have a good harvest, for tom yam or jagung rebus!
ReplyDeleteYour corn plants look healthy.Hope the monkeys will not spot them. Here, it is the parrots who swoop down on the cobs and finish them off in 5 minutes!
ReplyDeleteI think you have done well! I hope you will see flower/corn soon :-D
ReplyDeleteYour rose has the wow factor - so many layers! I am amazed by the two colour tones.
No special plan for Valentine's but since tomorrow is a holiday, will have a good meal ;-)
Corns.. aren't they great? I remember what my mom used to remind me "Don't talk when planting corns". Some still believe that to get corns that are full and sweet, one must now show his/her teeth when planting for fear the corns will be deformed...and less full.
ReplyDeleteThe beautiful rose is "Magic Carousel". Enjoy it.. as it flowers beautifully and quite good in repeat.
Makarimi: Thanks for the tips! Very useful!
ReplyDeleteRani: Welcome to my blog! Glad to know you!
MKZ
My garden Haven
lotusleaf
p3chandan
I hope to harvest some corn before the monkey steal them! All my long beans have been eaten by them on daily practise!
Stephanie: Hope you had a Good meal! The rose is really beautiful!
Rough.Rosa: Thanks for telling me the name of the rose! It's really pretty!
your sweetcorns..., they look ok. It would be nice if we have a row of them, with flowing leaves and flowers at the top. Valentine..., We were just presented with the newborn third grandchild. I thought I am getting older, but Kakdah stays young.. haha
ReplyDeleteI grew one last year and it suddenly died on me! Hope you will have nice, sweet, delicious corns to harvest very soon!
ReplyDeletePictures taken in day time in your garden is beautiful Malar :)
ReplyDelete