Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lady's finger hunting....


I think the post title is a bit very exaggerating.....

2 of my lady's fingers have over matured. I shall keep it for my seeds collecting later on. I only manage to pick another 2 lady's fingers . My early morning harvest.....

Aphids is trying to make nest.... I won't let this happen again!


9 comments:

  1. Instead of spraying cili on it, why not sapu serbuk cili underneath the leaves. It last longer than cili spray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have fresh vege today! So nice ;-) If you found a way to get rid of those white aphid, do update yeah. Have a pleasant evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learn something from the comment again.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try this Malar, it works for my plants..chili api, dish soap, crushed garlic, vegetable oil and water and keep for one or two weeks then spray on the plants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mealy bug is really a nuisance. Eventhough I used the conventional pesticide -they still come back after few months. I suspect the ants are the culprits - harvesting and transferring them here and there.
    Do check those innocent looking ants surrounding those bugs. If you manage to get rid of the ants, you solved the problem permenantly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MKZ: Can we apply chilli powder directly? That's good idea!

    rainfield: Learn something? hahahha...

    Stephanie: I usually wash down them with water or use garlic + soap spray. I will tell you if i find other way!

    James
    p3chandan

    I use garlic+soap water spray but the pest comes after sometimes..... Ants are really a culprit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually call the Ladybirds. Just kidding.

    Actually, I cut off the infected area. When the ladybirds arrive, they complain of not enough food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read somewhere that garlic plant actually repel Aphids. Maybe you would want to plant garlic all around the lady's finger. It this is true then you can enjoy both garlic and lady's finger. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Malar,
    I would usually clean them away with damp tissue or paper towel! Just spray some water on a few layers of tissue or paper towels and wipe these pests off. Check the grounds too. I find that spraying doesn't work. Doing it by wiping them off manually is tedious work but it helps. Cut off the heavily infested area. And then, wait! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete