Okra or lady's finger is one of the vegetable that i continuously plant in my garden. Most of them end up in my curry.
Growing Okra is easy too. I think vegetable beginner can start with this vegetable! It grow fast and produce harvest. The only set back of this plant ....may be in my garden is mealy bug and aphid attack! I have to inspect the whole row of them at least 3 days once!
Those below are matured and hard lady's fingers which I'm keeping for seeds collection. Don't they look funny? I doubt this is "lady's finger" .... May be a monster's finger?
Growing Okra is easy too. I think vegetable beginner can start with this vegetable! It grow fast and produce harvest. The only set back of this plant ....may be in my garden is mealy bug and aphid attack! I have to inspect the whole row of them at least 3 days once!
Those below are matured and hard lady's fingers which I'm keeping for seeds collection. Don't they look funny? I doubt this is "lady's finger" .... May be a monster's finger?
I don't like to eat okra, but it is a very beautiful plant.
ReplyDeleteThey look very cute curl that way like malu-malu. Is that roselle plant at the back on the second photo. Our okra last summer did not curl but this summer they like to curl and I was thinking maybe because we had cold nights.
ReplyDeleteHaha...so cute Malar! I love them too, just rebus and eat with sambal belacan!
ReplyDeleteSome of my red okra curled too. Initially they were ok. After that, attacked by beetles and started curling. Any pests on yours?
ReplyDeleteEllada: It's really pretty plant with yellow bloom!
ReplyDeleteMKZ: Yes it's my single Roselle. Low temperature cause curl? You should wear them some warm clothes...hahahha...
p3chandan: nice recipe to try out!
One: red okra? tht's great! I always hv pest in my garden...sigh....
I just saw some lady's fingers growing nearby my house. Yours are really funny in comparison hehe... but they are so cute ;-) Oh I love this vege a lot!
ReplyDeleteI love this vege too.
ReplyDeleteIt had been said that the "slime" on this vege arrest the cancer cells in the body.
It is a very good anti-cancer food.