My single Roselle has bear some fruits. I do not know when is the exact time to pluck it. I don't have many to make juice or jam so i plan to get the seeds for next planting section. Do i need to wait until the fruit dry off to take the seeds? Hmm.... Hope anyone out there can teach me more on Roselle planting and harvesting!
I have posted before about the Little seedling here Roselle
| single plant with few fruits! |
| more fruits |
What a good thought! I hope you get to harvest seeds to have many more roselles in the future. Sorry I am not able to offer any advice.
ReplyDeleteYou can wait until it dry or you can just pick it when the Roselle has turn into dark red. Beside juice and jam people used to dry it and eat it as assam. I have not try it yet..
ReplyDeleteYou can propagate through stem cutting as well. You may want to read Bangchik's post about Roselle. Use the calyx and dry the seeds.
ReplyDeleteBangchik posted roselle too. Head on over to see how Kakdah saved the seeds. Happy gardening.
ReplyDeleteI waited for the seeds to dry before picking them, but I lost the seeds, as I can't remember where I put them! I threw the plant, as the roots and the whole pot was infested by mildew, do not want it to spread to my other pots.
ReplyDeleteIt is alright to let it dry on the plant, but there is a tendency for pests getting near making the fruit their home.... cheers.
ReplyDeleteIf Im not wrong - you can also consume the leaves too. The indians use it as vegetables known as Pulechi Keyrai (sour vege)
ReplyDeleteGood Luck on collecting the seeds Malar. I have never planted one before so sorry can't offer you any advice.
ReplyDelete