Friday, August 26, 2011

Mint & Holiday wishes

Once I had a space full of mint. They were over flowing that i started to think of them as weeds. Somehow some kind of caterpillars started to infest them. It's strange for me since the mint taste is liked by caterpillars! Their leaves reduced and grass started to grow.  

Last weekend all the weeds was uprooted. Fertilizer was applied. Hope this will rejuvenate the mint!



close up of Mint


   


BTW, To all the Muslim "SELAMAT HARI RAYA" AND "HAPPY HOLIDAYS" to the rest. Hope all of you will have a lot of fun and safe journey back home!

13 comments:

  1. I'm sure they'll be growing well again soon. Not much will kill off mint.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it will ok soon. Nice to eat with Penang Assam Laksa ;) Thanks for your wish. Happy holiday to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will take off again. Seems like it can grow anytime or anywhere.
    Ohio Outdoors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it's strange to see caterpillars munching on your mints. I hope they just sample and not eat anymore. Save some cuttings to propagate new plant. Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found it pretty hardy...so hardy, in fact, that I must keep it potted. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only imagine the great scent you get from a full patch of mint. They are very sturdy. I am sure yours will be up and spreading wildly in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it will be a great patch again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have mint all over my garden... they do smell good...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your mint will regenerate itself soon. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the smell of mint. I use it to freshen up my water and tea... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our mints are dormant at the moment since it is still cold. Hope you have wonderful time during this festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy holiday Malar, enjoy your gardening holi to the max!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like mint too. I am trying to grow loads of it.

    ReplyDelete