My basil plant is infested with a tiny black insect thing... need to spray some pesticide on it.
I often use basil as garnishing for nasi goreng or mee hoon goreng. Just take the scissor and trim the leaves into strips and sprinkler them on the rice and stir. The aroma and taste just lifts up the appetite. Try it and see..
Also, if you can crush these leaves and mix it with F&N Ice Cream Soda - the taste is heavenly.. If you want to make a visual impact - Get a clear jar,cut this plant (well clean) and pour in your orange juice or lime juice or ice lemon tea... Or you can get creative and try out with any drink.
Hi Malar, Yes, your basil plant is the Thai Basil. I have a pot of basil too, mine is sweet basil, the flowers are white and the leaves are a little bit crinkly. Will do a posting on this later. You can try to grow more by cutting the stems where the leaves grow and plant it. I am sort of experimenting mine, just did it yesterday! Hope it works!
I hope my Thai basil that I have just propagated will grow as lush as yours. Plan to plant them close to tomatoes (companion planting). Hope they germinate for me soon. My favourite basil is lemon basil...I like any lemony smell:)
I am trying to grow basil from seeds taken from my sister's garden but I am not sure what variety this is. We use it for garnishing e.g. pasta. It can also be stir fried or with egg added and ikan bilis to make a fragrant dish to go with rice. Also good when added as spice to some clam and chicken dishes.
Malar, That's a huge basil plant with ample of flowers. How do you use basil?
ReplyDeleteOne: It's not that huge actually. I never really use Basil in my cooking. I just planted it for prayers purposes.
ReplyDeleteWow such a big plant already. Hope to it will flourish plenty of seeds for you soon! And then you will have plenty of babies...
ReplyDeleteMy basil plant is infested with a tiny black insect thing... need to spray some pesticide on it.
ReplyDeleteI often use basil as garnishing for nasi goreng or mee hoon goreng. Just take the scissor and trim the leaves into strips and sprinkler them on the rice and stir. The aroma and taste just lifts up the appetite.
Try it and see..
Also, if you can crush these leaves and mix it with F&N Ice Cream Soda - the taste is heavenly..
If you want to make a visual impact -
Get a clear jar,cut this plant (well clean) and pour in your orange juice or lime juice or ice lemon tea...
Or you can get creative and try out with any drink.
BTW, its known as Thai Basil, Basil by itself is a different plant.
ReplyDeleteHi Malar, Yes, your basil plant is the Thai Basil. I have a pot of basil too, mine is sweet basil, the flowers are white and the leaves are a little bit crinkly. Will do a posting on this later. You can try to grow more by cutting the stems where the leaves grow and plant it. I am sort of experimenting mine, just did it yesterday! Hope it works!
ReplyDeleteStephanie: I hope the same too!
ReplyDeleteJames & Kitchen Flavour: Yes it is Thai Basil. Holly Basil will have white flower with smaller leaves. Basil can grow from Stem cutting? That's good!
I hope my Thai basil that I have just propagated will grow as lush as yours. Plan to plant them close to tomatoes (companion planting). Hope they germinate for me soon. My favourite basil is lemon basil...I like any lemony smell:)
ReplyDeleteMalar, Do you want me to send you lotus seeds?
ReplyDeleteMalay-Kadazan girl : Hope you will have a lush basil plant!
ReplyDeleteOne: oh really! But you have to teach me how to grow it too! ;-)
looks beautiful
ReplyDeleteI am trying to grow basil from seeds taken from my sister's garden but I am not sure what variety this is. We use it for garnishing e.g. pasta. It can also be stir fried or with egg added and ikan bilis to make a fragrant dish to go with rice. Also good when added as spice to some clam and chicken dishes.
ReplyDelete