I saw this tree at The Secret Garden. It is labeled as Thuja Platcycladus. From the internet, you can search under the species name Platcycladus orientalis. I used to grow this tree in my old house. My children treated it as our christmas tree.
In traditional Chinese weddings, we use a lot of the leaves, e.g. in the gift trays, among auspicious items on bed. All red packets given by the bride and groom will have a twig of the leave stuck inside.
If you plant it on the ground, it can grow to 15m tall but it grows very slowly.
I saw this tree at The Secret Garden. It is labeled as Thuja Platcycladus. From the internet, you can search under the species name Platcycladus orientalis. I used to grow this tree in my old house. My children treated it as our christmas tree.
ReplyDeleteIn traditional Chinese weddings, we use a lot of the leaves, e.g. in the gift trays, among auspicious items on bed. All red packets given by the bride and groom will have a twig of the leave stuck inside.
If you plant it on the ground, it can grow to 15m tall but it grows very slowly.
Does this tree produce flowers?
ReplyDeleteI thought it is a Christmas Tree isn't it? It will grow, Malar, don't worry. Sometimes they go into hibernation period for a while. Hehe...
ReplyDeleteAutumn Belle: Thank you for your information. This tree sound interesting!
ReplyDeleteMalay-Kadazan girl: No flowers, only leaves but it look so nice!
One: I use to call it Chrismas tree too! Now i know the real name! hahaa...