The lemon is flowering again! I hope to get more lemon !
I bought this plant from nursery earliar this year. Back then it was small plant with perhaps 6 - 10 leaves.
I use lemon juices in my cooking and also to do drinks - "Air limau nipis" or lemonade - tasty drinks during hot weather. How about you?
Wow, makes me wanna go out and get myself a lemon plant! I just bought some today to make lemonade!
ReplyDeleteYou are good in growing plants. My lemon plant has not flowered before although it is huge. Did you do anything special?
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that caterpillar like lemon leaves. We have a one year old lemon tree grown from seed. I hope before we go back it will at least start to bear fruit for us.
ReplyDeleteHa ha... those caterpillars... they are indestructable sorry for that. The lemon looks good. Yup I love lemon also... in coffee and barley ;-)
ReplyDeleteHoney lemonade.. my favourite!
ReplyDeleteWow, Malar, I did say you have more green thumb than brown! Good for you! My lemon tree has not even produce any flower since I bought it about more than a year ago! What type of fertilizer did you use? I love lemons, use it for cooking, baking and to make ice-creams!
ReplyDeleteTing & OKC: It's wonderful drinks on hot day!
ReplyDeleteOne & Kitchen Flavours: I just fertilize it once a month. Normal fertilizer. May be it's from good seeds....
MKG: One year old lemon from seed? that's great! Mine is the small lemon ( Limau nipis) type
Stephanie:Yes! I just can't get rid of them! They just keep coming!
Malar, this plant looks like my calamansi (citrus lime / limau nipis) plant, the fruits too. Don't worry about the caterpilars. They will grow into very beautiful lime butterflies like those that I photograph and blog about. We need butterflies to pollinate flowers so that they produce fruits for us to eat. Caterpillars eat the leaves, but the leaves will grow back. I used to hate them too.
ReplyDeleteI'm having that same caterpillar problem on my lemon tree. any tips on how to get rid of this guy?
ReplyDelete