Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Aloe Vera



Aloe Vera is a famous house plant! It's Succulent, believed to be native to Africa. Well known for medical benefits. Some of them are:
1) Used to treat cut / burn
2) Used to treat constipation
3) Used to treat diabetes
4) Used to treat Arthritis
5) Used to treat Cough
6) Immune booster
6) In India it's called "kumari" ( Young girl) as it has anti ageing property

Ayurvedic and Siddha medicine uses this plant! No wonder it's called "Miracle plant"








closer look

It does flowering on a spike up to 90cm tall. Each flower pendulous have yellow tubular corolla! I never seen the flower before. Have any of you seen it?

7 comments:

  1. My neighbour's aloe vera bloomed last year. It has yellow flowers. How do you intend to consume aloe vera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloe vera indeed have many uses. A lady I know use the gel to treat her migraine. But one thing I know for sure, the gel makes very delicious jelly drink! Malar, did you make the cake? How did it turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. One: Really? i hope to see the bloom too on my plant!

    Kitchen flavour: jelly drink? you should post it in your blog! The cake was good! I mistakely cut it while it was still hot so the cake does look presentable...anyway i will post it in my another blog soon! thanKs!

    Petunialee: Yes, it's good for pimples!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of ours just gave us an aloe vera plant in a pot. It look kinda sad now not beautiful as yours. Maybe I need to re-pot it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have aloe vera in my garden for many years but it has not bloomed yet. My friend used the gel to stop bleeding of minor cuts whenever her little boy get into mischief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Malay-Kadazan girl
    Autumn Belle

    Let's wait together for the flowers!

    ReplyDelete