| 2 together |
Planted this lemon grass plant a month ago. Took 2 stalks and planted side by side. Amazingly it just grew without fuss! They are really easy to grow! So far no pest around them.
Lemon grass or Cymbopogon is a very useful plant. It can be used in coking, as pesticide, as preservative and even valued for medicine!
I love the scent of lemon grass. I think they are pest free and help to drive away the mosquitoes. Recently, I tried lemongrass with longan drink at Lavender Cafe and it tasted great. Now, I can imagine the wonderful aromas of the curries that you can cook with it.
ReplyDeleteI like to see lemongrass growing well, with leaves flowing down like hairs, but kakdah will come with a knife to take away a stalk or two, leaving the bush off balance and less than perfect... haha.
ReplyDelete~bangchik
Malar, it is great, growing your own lemongrass. They are one of my favourite herb plants.
ReplyDeleteMalar, Do you use fertilizer for your lemon grass? It looks good. Lemon grass drink tastes good.
ReplyDeleteHi Malar, try making lemon grass tea by boiling lemon grass, pandan leaves, old ginger and brown sugar. It is a very refreshing tea. One of my faves!
ReplyDeleteI find lemon grass leaves good for mulching as well. The whole plant have value.
ReplyDeleteglad to hear yr lemongrass doing very well
ReplyDeleteAutumn Belle
ReplyDeleteOne
J.C
I guess you all really enjoy the refreshing drinks! I should try too!
Bangchik: I like it too but i think like Kakdah i will cut a few too for my cooking! ;-)
Kitchen Flavour: Any cake recepi with them? ;-)
Malay-Kadazan Girl: Really? I should try that too if i happen to harvest them!
Waliz: Thanks for dropping by
Nice post.
ReplyDeleteI have not considered lemongrass in my garden, I guess they need good sunlight.
Your picture of your lemon grass tells it all... love the sight of a good and healthy plant :-D
ReplyDeleteYour lemon grass must be very lush now. Have you tried using the leaves as mulch?
ReplyDelete