Friday, October 8, 2010

Cockscomb!


If I'm right, this plant is named Celosia or cockscomb! Some call this flowering plant feathery amaranth! Long ago i found Celosia in Lotusleaf blog! This plant really amaze me and i use to see this plant a lot during childhood! Now i seldom see them around. Another plant of my childhood era i guess!



Finally i saw this plant in nursery! They only left with 1pot. I grab it fast! It does not look so healthy but i don't want to miss it! Let's cross the finger!

The flowers of Cockscomb look really unique!

4 comments:

  1. This plant will be sold in abundant at nurseries during Chinese New Year. I bought a pot this year and when the flowers dried up, I collected the seeds and replanted. They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have never plant this before! They look very proud indeed! Nice colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the flower colour. Remind me of my childhood era too, I used to see them growing at our playground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! You'll have a bounty of seeds soon.

    ReplyDelete