Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cucumber - towards the ending

My cucumber plants are getting old. Most of the leaves are yellowing and beetles are testing their teeth on their leaves. I sow 4 cucumber seeds and only 2 grow up well. I was given only 2 cucumbers. Enough for a day dish! It was sweet and juicy. Other little cucumbers never really grow big. I do not know the reason. It was rainy season that time .... may be lack of pollination. Anyway i will try again soon!


5 comments:

  1. I guess you are probably right. Lack of pollination. I try to hand pollinate sometimes. I did that for pumpkin and dragon fruit. Haven't tried others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you put enough fertilizer? Anyway, I have seen your harvest of cucumbers and that was good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time for new plants! At least you had two delicious cucumbers, mine did not sprout at all. I sowed the seeds a few times, I think that packet of seeds already "kaput", and they have not even expired! Must get a new pack soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Malar, I am sure the result will be always better when plant the next time. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One
    Autumn Belle
    Kitchen Flavour
    Stephanie

    Thanks for dropping by. I hope to see more cucumeber in the future!

    ReplyDelete