Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rain...rain... go away!

Rain...Rain....Go away...
Come again another day....
little children want to play! ( perhaps i want to change this to "My plant need a break")

It's raining everyday! Heavy down pour really making some my plants look sick!! Too much water.....Pest are making alot of trouble too especially whitefly......I can't do much...let the nature handle them....;-(

One of the guy who is very happy of rain and wish it will rain more and more is FROG!!!! My once aquatic plant pot have become their breeding spot! I can see frogs everywhere...


frog egg and the little swimming tadpole


10 comments:

  1. Hi Malar,Animal really like your garden.I have not seen any frog in my garden. Blog from Malaysia indicates that is it rainy season in Malaysia. Here I am wishing for rain everyday. We need the rain to help the new seedlings to survive our harsh summer. I wish the clouds or wind will bring some of Malaysia rain to here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malar...

    Nice garden blog...
    You plants a lot, many types of flower. Congrats!

    I only plants orchid, Cycads and Tillandsia, hope i have more place...so i can plant more types of flower plant.

    Nice post here...maybe the frog just lay egg in that water..

    Happy gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frogs in your garden! When it rains, snails in my garden! I wonder where they came from! My daughter took home three tadpoles from school last month, apparently given by her classmate!! They survived for about two weeks, after that died!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read in Noelle's blog,... she mentioned that Lantana may help reduce the white fly problem because the white flies prefer the Lantana than your other plants.

    Are there fish in that water feature? Would the frog or tadpole harm the fish? Those are water lily, right? I used to have pink and purple water lilies but not anymore. They made way for lotus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprisingly no frogs come calling at my pond this rainy season...no mating calls at nite and no bubbles among my water plants! They just moved over to your garden Malar..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Malar, It's cute to have Kermit's friends coming to your garden for a visit! Ha..ha...they are enjoying a good dip in the pool!

    Btw, I have collected lotsa Marigold seeds from my wilted blooms. I am glad to mail some seeds to you, Malar. Just e-mail your address
    to: subangjayadailyphoto@gmail.com. In fact I have posted on our USJ.com Forum to give the Marigold seeds away. If you are keen to try Adenium, I would be glad to mail you some too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MKG: I wish i can sent all the extra down pour to you!

    Orchid de dangau: Thanks for dropping by!

    Kitchen Flavour: i have a few small snails too!Just arrived 2-3 weeks back! ;-(

    p3chandan: I have many frogs here!

    J.C: Thanks!

    One: I don't knw what kind of water plant is that. It never strive well and i never seen them flowering. When i bought from nursery there was lush of leaves and the guy told have small flower.... Lantana? I should try them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool! I can see the little guy in the top photo. It's adorable with it's little legs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lively garden with frogs and tadpoles. I hope tadpoles will eat mosquito larva...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Malar, it is a blessing to have tadpoles in your little 'water garden'. The tadpoles will feed on the mosquitoe larvae. Not all tadpoles will make it to adulthood to be frog/toad. Frogs and toads in turn help to eat up garden pests like mosquitoes, slugs and garden pests. I consider them friends of my garden.

    ReplyDelete