Monday, October 18, 2010

Dhill?

Is this dhill plant? I got few stem cutting of this plant from my neighbour but she too do not know the name. They look like brush.....


9 comments:

  1. Oh.. hm.. they look similar.. but also a bit different... Do they smell like dill? I love dill...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malar, This is not a dill plant. They call this the 'mosquito plant', I do not know it's scientific name. Apparently this plant can keep mosquitos away. I don't know whether this works! I have a pot of dill, but it is slowly drying out! The leaves are fragrant and the seeds are very small and fragrant too. Will post on that soon! Meanwhile, do not consume the leaves of this plant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Malar, Kitchenflavours is right. This is a mosquito repellent. Not to be consumed. It needs to be trimmed regularly to maintain its green, young soft look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not expert of herbs but it does not look like dill. If it a mosquito repellent, I would like my mother to grow them back in kampung:). We had too much dengue fever around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its not dill Malar, I used to grow them as hedges outside my fence but you have to trim them so that the will grow lower and bushier..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, this is the first time I am commenting on your blog. I have this plant at home and I believe it is called Artemisia scoparia, or Wormwood. I hope this information helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear All,

    Thanks for your advice. My neighbour told it can be eatan as "ulam" but i never tried before. I planted because they look beautiful!

    Yaomato: Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like feather also ;-) I think they look really ornamental as well. Have a great day Malar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have grown this plant as hedge. They are not dill but they look quite similar. Even a friend of mine thought this plant is dill when she saw it at another neighbourhood.

    Btw, the Marigold seeds were mailed out yesterday. Sorry for the delay. I have added some sunflower and Adenium seeds for you too.

    ReplyDelete