My first attempt on cabbage! Inspired by Bangchik! It took almost 6months to get a small head. The size of the head is only about 4". Very small compare to market sold one!
I have been harvesting mine, one by one. Small but tastes good, nutritious and without chemicals. They won't grow big. I suspect it is due to the hot weather. My dogs didn't destroy them. Monkeys not interested in cabbages, I would think.
Not a bad try Malar, I bet it tasted sweet and crunchy. I would love to try the cabbage soon too. So what happens to the plants after you harvested them, do you pull and throw them away or will they give new cabbage heads again?
One: So far only catterpillar interested with my cabbage!
p3chandan: Yes! it was tasty! After first harvest, we can pull out or let for the second small ead to form. But it waon't be so big since only the left out leaves will form head.....
MKZ: I'm not so sure but the hot weather shall be the limitation i guess
It's so good to see cabbage in your garden! They look like giant fowers... pretty!! Happy cooking and eating them. Btw, since you have experience in this small ones now, next time you can grow bigger ones :-D Have a great week Malar.
Wow, Malar, that's great! This look good. Your family will be well fed with you getting inroads into vege growing.
ReplyDeleteCabbage looks so nice Malar.Are they grow in containers?Home grown vegies are always tasty....
ReplyDeleteI have been harvesting mine, one by one. Small but tastes good, nutritious and without chemicals. They won't grow big. I suspect it is due to the hot weather. My dogs didn't destroy them. Monkeys not interested in cabbages, I would think.
ReplyDeleteNot a bad try Malar, I bet it tasted sweet and crunchy. I would love to try the cabbage soon too. So what happens to the plants after you harvested them, do you pull and throw them away or will they give new cabbage heads again?
ReplyDeleteYour cabbage must be very tasty and crunchy compared with the supermarket ones. It can possibly be a small type of cabbage variety.
ReplyDeleteAutumn Belle: It's more healthy and tasty
ReplyDeleteOne: So far only catterpillar interested with my cabbage!
p3chandan: Yes! it was tasty! After first harvest, we can pull out or let for the second small ead to form. But it waon't be so big since only the left out leaves will form head.....
MKZ: I'm not so sure but the hot weather shall be the limitation i guess
It's so good to see cabbage in your garden! They look like giant fowers... pretty!! Happy cooking and eating them. Btw, since you have experience in this small ones now, next time you can grow bigger ones :-D Have a great week Malar.
ReplyDeleteWAHHH!!!! You can grow cabbage!!! I've never tried to grow cabbage after i failed on the first attempt. Can the head grow back after harvest?
ReplyDeleteI am so impresed! I didn't have any success growing cabbage.
ReplyDeleteNice cabbage! I'm going to try growing it this year. Have a great week.
ReplyDelete