At the side of my house entrance, i have a small empty portion where i keep all the house plants and plants which love shade place! My garden receive full sun all day long! So some of the plant can't strive in hot sun.
One of the plant is this pretty pink beauty! Kalanchoe have brilliant colour small blooms which can last up to 2 months! This plant originated from Madagascar.
Kalanchoe require minimum water and bright filtered sun light to grow! They can be propagated through stem cutting or leaf! I shall try both the method once the flowers withered!
Kalanchoe require minimum water and bright filtered sun light to grow! They can be propagated through stem cutting or leaf! I shall try both the method once the flowers withered!
That is a very pretty pink. Is this the similar plant that you can take a leaf press in a book and it will grow roots on the leaf edges? That would be exciting
ReplyDeleteVery lovaly plant. I wanted to do something or garden one of my shady areas but have not find the time to create a shady garden yet.
ReplyDeleteI think I have this same one.
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely pink blooms Malar.If it can be propagated that way, then soon you will so many kalanchoe pots in your garden!
ReplyDeleteI also love their bright flowers :-D I am not sure why, everytime when I wanted a double flower like yours, I don't see them. But when I have bought one already, I see double petaled ones like yours... sigh.
ReplyDeletecina.fong: I think it's the same! I haven't try to propagating them.
ReplyDeleteMKZ: shade area is where you can plant all the houseplant!
Darla: thanks for dropping by!
p3chandan: I hope so! It's too fast to tell anything. Sometimes i have brown thumb too! hahahhaa...
stephanie: Oh dear! It's ok to have both of them! ahhahaha....
Malar, I've propagated via stem. It works. However, they are struggling to survive. I think this plant is meant to stay in the highlands where they get sunshine at cooler temperature. Do let me know the progress. Hope it does better for you.
ReplyDeleteHi Malar,
ReplyDeleteNice. Nice. Nice. I love that pink.
http://wwwmysrilanka.blogspot.com