In Mandarin, Basil is called 9-level Pagoda, which aptly described its multi-layer blooms.
Do you know when they bloom, it shows that they are coming to the end of their lifetime. They would gradually dried off and die. Usually I snip off the flowers when they started to bloom in order to prolong my Basil's life. Or else, quickly propagate some through stem-cut before your Basil wilted.
Yes the bees really them. Bees are buzzing happily now on our flowering basil too. Is that thai basil?
ReplyDeleteThey are really pretty, actually remind me of a flower in between Lavender and Salvia.
ReplyDeleteCher Sunray Gardens
I wish we could get basil somewhere near that stage!
ReplyDeleteWav nice and pretty Basil plant. I think this we used to call as Rama Tulasi.
ReplyDeleteSo I know it is called Basil today.
ReplyDeleteI love basil too, Malar.
ReplyDeleteIn Mandarin, Basil is called 9-level Pagoda, which aptly described its multi-layer blooms.
Do you know when they bloom, it shows that they are coming to the end of their lifetime. They would gradually dried off and die. Usually I snip off the flowers when they started to bloom in order to prolong my Basil's life. Or else, quickly propagate some through stem-cut before your Basil wilted.
Bees certainly love them! Your lime plant is doing well.
ReplyDeleteMKZ: I don't know the exact name but Rani( see below) told it's Rama Tulasi. What you do with them?
ReplyDeleteSunray: Yes, It resemble lavender !
Sue: You plant basil? what you use them for? ;)
Rani: Really? It's Rama Tulasi? Thanks!
rainfield: ;)
J.C: Basil do selfseed easily. I haven't try to propagate them....
lotusleaf: ;)