Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mulberry update

Mulberry is very precious plant in my garden. I was very reluctant to trim down the plant. It was growing tall. I was worried  that if I trim down, it will dry off. After read through few articles and websites by websites, finally I gain my confidence to propagate them.


I was really amazed! It start to produce leaves and fruits too in very short time! I didn't know this plant is very easy growing plant! Currently it's still in the pots. I need to think where should I plant them out.


The fruits are really juicy and packed with vitamins!

6 comments:

  1. I have two mulberry now.

    I blend the leaves for a morning drink everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ....Malar, I had the same concern too when I first grow Mulberry plant. You do realize after trimming, the plant produces more fruits.
    Do trim it regularly to maintain it at lower height and it'd be easy to harvest the fruits too. Happy gardening, Malar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch those mulberrys. They will take over a yard, but they are good.

    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about the trimming! They produce more fruits after trimming! Are the monkeys still giving you problems?

    ReplyDelete
  5. rainfield: We can eat the leaves? I didn't know tht!

    J.C: I will do it! ;)

    sunray: I just love this plant!

    kitchen flavours: It's all the same here........

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see lots of fruits from this plant whenever I go. Very productive and wonderful to have. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete