Wednesday, March 21, 2012

kangkung / Water Spinach

One of the easiest vegetable to grow for me is 'Kangkung'. Once you have them in your vegetable bed, they just keep going. Just give them enough water and fertilizer. Very little pest bother them. In my garden, only grasshoppers attack them.





This one was grown from seeds almost 2 years ago. It's still keep going strong. at time it become dormant but after some fertilizer and compose, it bounce back!

5 comments:

  1. It's great that it's a plant that is perennial and you don't have to do seeds every year for it.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this one - what does it taste like? Spinach?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sunray: it selfseeds easily too!

    Sue: It has a sweet taste. A bit same like spinach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite recipe for kangkung is... stir fried with sambal belacan... yum! This patch of kangkung is soooo desirable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly agree that kangkung is so easy to grow. I used to have them in the backyard. Whenever I want to add additional green vegie to our meal, I just snip off some and boil them. They taste so good with sambal tumis. I love them in nasi goreng kampung too. Even when having Ayam Penyet, I usually ask for more servings of kangkung. I wish I have some in my garden now. They had been removed after they were old.

    ReplyDelete