This is my first attempt to grow brinjal or eggplants in my garden. It seems to take it own time to grow. May be it's my fault as the new bed is full of clay soil. I never add enough good soil.
I don't have time to go nursery to buy soil. I must do it this weekend. Hopefully. Time just fly so fast and I feel 24hrs is not enough.....gheee.....I think some will agree with me rite? hahhahah....
I let it take it's own time to grow. I keep my finger cross! ;)
health nutrition of brinjal ( Wikipedia information):
"Studies of the Institute of Biology of São Paulo State University, Brazil, have shown eggplant is effective in the treatment of high blood cholesterol.
It helps to block the formation of free radicals and is also a source of folic acid and potassium.
Eggplant is richer in nicotine than any other edible plant, with a concentration of 100 ng/g (or 0.01 mg/100g). However, the amount of nicotine from eggplant or any other food is negligible compared to passive smoking. On average, 20 lbs (9 kg) of eggplant contains about the same amount of nicotine as a cigarette."
I don't have time to go nursery to buy soil. I must do it this weekend. Hopefully. Time just fly so fast and I feel 24hrs is not enough.....gheee.....I think some will agree with me rite? hahhahah....
health nutrition of brinjal ( Wikipedia information):
"Studies of the Institute of Biology of São Paulo State University, Brazil, have shown eggplant is effective in the treatment of high blood cholesterol.
It helps to block the formation of free radicals and is also a source of folic acid and potassium.
Eggplant is richer in nicotine than any other edible plant, with a concentration of 100 ng/g (or 0.01 mg/100g). However, the amount of nicotine from eggplant or any other food is negligible compared to passive smoking. On average, 20 lbs (9 kg) of eggplant contains about the same amount of nicotine as a cigarette."
Seems to be growing and looks good even in clay soil. Clay is actually for of good things too so maybe that's helped.
ReplyDeleteCher Sunray Gardens
We are growing aubergines (our name for eggplants) this year too but I didn't know about the nicotine!
ReplyDeleteWhen I don't have time to buy manure or compost, I plant in raw materials like my kitchen waste or pruning together while transplanting my seedlings. This things will rot in time, provide nutrient and help to amend the soil. It also retain some moisture to the soil as clay will be really hard and dry during dry season.
ReplyDeleteSunray: hopefullY!
ReplyDeleteSue: Me too! It's new for me!
ReplyDeleteMKZ: Good idea. I shall do this!
Let's hope for the best.
ReplyDelete