Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kangkung

Kangkung's  flower

Water spinach or Kangkung is one of my favorite vegetable. Grasshopper love them too! I can see many art work done by the grasshopper to my kangkung. Since Kangkung is still in abundance, i don't really mind to share with the grasshopper. I read somewhere that grasshopper can transfer virus to plants. I'm a bit worried on that!


7 comments:

  1. wahhh... you sure have a lot of kangkung there.
    for me it;s ok to share it with the grasshopper. It shows that ur kangkung is healthy and free from pesticide. I never heard about grasshopper as a vector of plant diseases in all my years of study. But for me you don't need to worry about it as plant virus won't effect human not like animal virus.

    Better cook the kangkung as kangkung belacan is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're still looking really good even with the grasshoppers. Try searching online to see if they do transfer anything. They're everywhere eating on farmer crops too so am not sure how they'd keep crops ok though.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is ok sharing with grasshopper, so mean your kangkung are healthy ;) I never heard about the virus, but if you clean in proper way, i think it should be no problem. I scared to buy kangkung in the market, if they are so good! May be they use so many pesticide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I love kangkung with sambal belacan. Your patch will have enough for this dish ;-) Please tell kangkung to come to my garden also haha... ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your kangkung is enough for a week meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Wong: Thanks for dropping by!

    Sunray
    Orchid
    It's not the virus to us but to the plant. It will cause plant to die slowly, etc.... not very sure of it though...

    Stephanie:
    Do you want the kangkung seeds? I can post to you if you want.

    MKZ: A week of kangkung? ahahhaha....

    ReplyDelete
  7. So this is how the flower looks like. My kangkung didn't grow well and i've pulled them all up :(

    ReplyDelete