Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Last Tomatoes......

I always plant tomatoes in my garden. I stop fruiting plant for a while but after about a month i started to sow tomato seeds again! I just can't resist having them in my garden .It's really nice to see tomatoes around! Juicy and nutritious too!


Mealy bug like them too! Besides chillies, tomato plants are their favorite spot! I need to constantly check under the leaves every 2-3 days to avoid their colony!  



Anyway as my tomato plants ageing, mealy bug have make it as their host plant! I think this will be my last harvest!

8 comments:

  1. Last time I also got problem with mealy bug, so I used pesticide. I make the organic pesticide, just blend the small chilies (cili padi), garlic and mix with turmeric powder, and spray to the plant. So far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a shame about the mealy bug. Maybe try the above suggestion.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully new plants will provide plenty fruits for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hate mealy bugs... but those are pretty tomatoes. Homegrown veges are the sweetest, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The problem I had with tomatoes and chilies were fruit flies. A trap made from plastic bottles with a dangling cotton soaked with attractant (methyl eugenol) solved the problem. No more punctured fruits. It's cheap and a small bottle will last a long time. A worth addition for any garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mealy bugs can be found anywhere in my garden.

    And I know their name for this first time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orchid de dangau: i tried using them but they return as usual....

    Sunray: I have many of them. They always return after 2-3 days....sigh...

    MKZ: I have sow any yet....many be this weekend...

    OKC: I hate them too! They are just so resistant to everything even pestiside...sigh....

    mahfudz: Good idea! Thanks for sharing! Where to get methyl eugenol?

    rainfield: You are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can get the traps and attractant from http://romatechagro.blogspot.com/ they are friendly folks and have great fertilizers and also other garden supplies. I visit them from time to time for tips and tricks.

    ReplyDelete