Bunga Matahari or Sunflower or i call it "suria gaandhi poo" in Tamil is one of my favorite flower! These are some of the seedlings.
I clean a flower bed with the thinking to transplant the new seedlings later on. The same day i sow the seeds in small pots and throw some seeds which i thought not healthy. To my surprise some of the seeds which i assume unhealthy have germinated!
This weekend i need to add soil and mulch to make the soil more rich. The original soil as you can see below is clay and full of stones.
I sowed some sunflower seeds on the ground but I overlooked some facts and hence 90% became breakfast for the sparrows. Good luck with your sunflowers.
ReplyDeleteI purposely did not informed you that once you let evening sun sunflower flower dried. It won't ever leave your place anymore. Ours pops every where. They are very hardy and grow well in any soil. It almost making its way to my garden weed list...hehehe...
ReplyDeleteAutumn Belle: Nice snack for the sparrow! May be you should sow in the pot first.
ReplyDeleteMKZ: Weeds? As of now i love to have them everywhere!