Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Aster

The name Aster comes from Ancient Greek, which means star! This is another plant from my trip to Sungai Buluh the other day. In my younger age i always think that Aster and Chrysanthemums are the same. Luckily i never brew any drinks with Aster!

I took the photos after heavy downpour last week so they look in a little mess.......


It seems that the yellow center of Aster comprised of many tiny flowerets!


I find in Internet that this plant love sun but not soggy soil. It's raining heavy most of the time and my garden soil is clay type. I added some good soil to improve the texture. Hope it will strive well.   


8 comments:

  1. I had this before, bought 5 plants at the same time as border. But they didn't last long. Not easy to maintain :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had seen these back at Mother in Law's garden, and the plant really stayed low... So, Malar lets see if Mr Postman can find this address with Balsam seeds:

    Bangchik/Kakdah
    PT 4870, Jalan Cempaka Merah,
    Taman Kota Harmoni
    17500 TANAH MERAH, Kelantan.

    cheers.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this plant at the Secret Garden of 1U. They grow it in the cactus area, i.e. like a desert plant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. milka: It's a bit demanding plant....let's see how demanding it will be in my garden.. ;-)

    MKZ: They usually stay low. My neighbour's garden back in hometown have many of them....growing happily as border!

    Bangchik: May be i can add some note for the postman: "it's a new house with beautiful garden, alot of vegetables and sweet pink roses!"

    Autumn Belle: Yes, this plant love sun and too much rain is not good....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should really grow some asters. People seem to love them and they seem so reliable too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty indeed. They bloom late in our subtropical climate, from March to May. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete