Starfruit is making way in my garden. I bought this starfruit tree from S.Buluh during my trip few weeks back.
I like to eat ripe starfruit which has sweet but not overwhelming taste. It's blended with tart and sour taste too! The unripe or green fruit is generally sour. I read somewhere that it takes 3-4 years to mature and set fruit. It's a long wait but worthwhile i guess!
The soil in my garden is clay type. I have add fertilizer and mulch to improve the soil. Hope little starfruit grows well!
So this is how it looks like, ive never seen a star fruit tree. One of my mama's friend used to tell me to grow more fruit trees in the garden so that my children and grandchildren will enjoy picking them later :)
ReplyDeleteAnd one day you will find the tree growing taller than you.
ReplyDeleteMy Mom has this tree. It flowers regularly but we have never eaten the fruits. It's always eaten up by little creatures.
ReplyDeleteIt will grow faster for you:) I used gypsum to break and condition my clay soil. It takes a while but now my clay soil is not hard as before and finally I can grow carrots on them after a year!
ReplyDeleteGood luck to the starfruit tree. We did just that 3 years ago in Putrajaya. It grew taller than kakdah herself but we got to leave it behind. Someone else will taste the first fruit.
ReplyDeleteMilka: It's good idea actually!
ReplyDeleterainfield61
One
Hope i'm able to get some fruit from the tree!
MKZ: Gypsum powder? I shall try it then.
Bangchik: 3 years? It's about to bear fruit ready. Hope new tenant will take care of all your plants!
So good to have fruit trees in the garden.
ReplyDelete