Friday, December 24, 2010

Okra

The other day i transferred all my Okra seedlings to the ground. There were about 8 healthy seedling but now few of them look so unhappy. I do not know the reason. It can be the new fertilizer that i used or the heavy rain. I just keep my finger crossed that few of them will survive and bear fruit for me!



in the row

4 comments:

  1. I hope your okra bounce back if they are having a shock from transplanting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your okra! Merry Christmas and Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Malar,
    My ladiesfingers are not so happy on the ground too, they prefer to stay in the pots... i thought ground would have more nutrient for them :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same with mine Malar, maybe the soil has not enough mulch or too sandy in my case, although I fertilised it regularly, they do better in my pots. Besides that I water my plants with rice water everyday (take the water of the first 3 washings) just like Takaeko did with rice bran on his vegetable beds. Try it!

    ReplyDelete