Friday, December 17, 2010

Green beans towards ending....


beans getting small and in odd shape(aphid attack)
My single green bean vine have provide me generous amount of beans! Now it's showing the sign of deterioration. The leaves are yellowing. Beans are getting smaller and in odd shape. The other day i saw few aphid on the beans. 

i will sow new seeds soon and see how the seeds work out! Previous attempt only let to 1 successful vine!


yellowing leaves and small bean

10 comments:

  1. The whole process is fascinating, huh? Now you'll have lots of seeds to grow more plants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many green bean plants did you grow? How many are you adding to your garden? I've gotten rid of my kangkung. Wondering what to grow next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the life circle ends. So great you got a lot of beans of it. I am sure your next try will be even better

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just harvested two french beans! There are three more on the plant. My plant is not doing well at all. Need to take that out and start again. Found out most of my pots are infected with the white powdery substance! Urgh! Got to get rid of that first before I start with my new batch of plants. Nice to know that your plant has given you lots of beans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your green bean tree is getting older and older.

    Like us...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you going to use the seeds from this plant for offspring? I enjoy looking at your bean and happy to hear it provide you with many beans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aphids are the white bugs that attach themselves to the stems and leaves right? I hate them, everyday I will inspect my veggies, they used to have a lot on the plants and make the leaves crinkled and stunted!I bought one pest spray in MAHA 2010, now they are gone! I regret not buying more pest spray that day. I also want to start on beans next year since I saw your bean plant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy sowing another bean vine Malar! You are probably right about this plant - old. Sorry about aphid. Now that it is rainy and cooler... worse still...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes pest spray is the only intervention that works, sad to say that. May I suggest that you plant different plants first on the same beans planting bed, before you plant beans again? I've read that rotation of crops/plants can minimize repeat infestation and at the same time is beneficial to the soil. Some plants used up different nutrients in the soil and harbor different good microbes. Rotating helps balance the soil.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wendy
    Fer
    rainfield61
    MKZ
    Thanks for dropping by! I only manage to collect 2 pods! But i still have the balance seeds in packet

    One: I sow 1 packet of seeds last time! phew.....I think the next time i have to sow 2 packets of seeds to get 2 vines! hahahhaha...

    Kitchen flavour: You have to inspect the vegetables everyday. Wash the white bug with water! I had it too last time.

    p3chandan: Aphids are black or gray in colour. They love beans! The white bugs are dangerous too! I'm handling both these pests at the moment!

    Stephanie: Rain really make things worst....But i think too much rain and sun have it's pros and cons!

    ROUGH.ROSA: You are right! I do vegetable rotation too to get rid of the pest! But i think they have spy here.....Because the pest know when is their turn to invade.....

    ReplyDelete