Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ornamental Shrub

I have another ornamental shrub that i just bought in Sg.Buluh nursery. The leaves looks so lush and green. If I'm not mistaken, this leaves are used in flower bouquet preparation! Now i can prepare my own flower bouquet!

I do not know how to care for this plant. Anyone have idea?


the leaves

don't they resemble Christmas tree? I wish for snow now....

 To tell the truth i went to Sg.Buluh due to the temptation arising from the juiciness of mulberry that i saw in  p3chandan blog. I thought i can get a seedling there. Unfortunately i could not find any. In fact the nursery guys do not know what mulberry is....... may be it has some other name that i do not know.....sigh!

Anyway i end up buying so many other plants! This is my first trip to Sg.Buluh nursery and i was really crazy looking at the plants! I wish I'm rich enough to buy all! ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Malar I think that is a fern, very delicate plant, no over-watering, should be under shades, my mom used to have a few pots around the house last time. The leaves were used to add to a cosage. Dont worry Malar, I will propogate for you next time I prune the mulberry trees.May be you should ask for 'Pokok Sutera' as the leaves are for the silkworm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Asparagus or Emerald Fern. I bought mine a mini one and it already cost me RM10. Yours must be very expensive!

    Keep under indirect sunlight. Keep the soil moist but not to sit in water. The leaves will turn yellow if it is too warm and dry.

    Happy gardening :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, This is asparagus fern, as what milka said. I have grown this before, and this is very sensitive, for me at least! I love this plant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sexy leaf. I have not much experiance with ferns so sorry can't be much of a help. Even though my parents live in Sungai Buloh, I have not been to any nursery there since my wedding. So many temptation everytime visit a nursery:). I not only wish for money but space to grow them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. p3chandan: Pokok sutera? ok i got it! Thanks for your kindness to propogate mulberry for me!

    milka: I bought mine for RM24. I don't know if it's expensive or not but i was possesed by plants at that point of time! hahahhaha....
    Anyway thanks for your advice!

    kitchen flavours: thanks for your advice! let's see how this fern grow!

    MKZ: sexy leaf? hahahhaha.... Oh yes we need place to grow them too!

    ReplyDelete