Friday, December 3, 2010

Monsoon Season


Monsoon season have started obviously!. It's raining everyday. Some plants are enjoying the heavy rain but some do not like wet leg..... I have move the pots to car porch.

I do not know the name of this plant but during my childhood i use to pluck the fruit and eat. The fruits are red in colour and small. Birds love the ripe fruits. I haven't see any fruit on my plant as of now. I planted it as a border in my garden. I seldom water this plant but it's growing so lushly due to generous amount of rain!


rain water, green leaf and balsam flower


8 comments:

  1. You're always so busy moving the pots around to save your plants from danger. Your plants will be happy to have you as their owner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malar I know this plant as 'pokok teh' because the leaves resemble tea leaves but not sure of their real name. They are planted as hedges near my primary school in those days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this green leaf plant! Looks like a dwarf type. Most of my plants do not like prolonged rain. They will face either wet feet or pest problem. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen this plant before. I think the leaves are small and cute. I wonder how the fruits and flowers look like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the balsam flowers doing in the pail of rain water? Are you brewing some concoction?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Milka: I have too! I have killed my dessert rose.

    p3chandan: Pokok teh? oh yes, their leaf does look like tea leaf! My school have it too!

    Stephanie
    Autumn Belle
    Rain always bring extra problem! The leaves are very small. May be once it start fruiting i will post it again. May be you guys can figure out then! ;-)

    One: I have Balsams growing beside the pail. ALl the flowers drop inside the pail the otehr day due to heavy rain and wind!

    OKC: Me too! The scene look so serene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, monsoon season...Stay dry!! I look forward to seeing how the monsoon affects gardening in your part of the world!

    ReplyDelete