Monday, December 13, 2010

Frog or toad?

I don't really know what is the different between toad and frog! The only different that i know is that the toad have warty appearance and frog's skin look smooth! Am i correct?

If i'm correct then this is a toad . This Mr.Toad always lays eggs in my water plant pot! Look at the colour! It suits the environment colour. Nature's way to protect itself from predator!

This place is below a shady plant and very wet place. Suitable for this guy!





OK. Let me end this post with something beautiful for the eyes!



10 comments:

  1. Toad or frog? I guess it is a toad too! Your Thai Jasmine is lovely. Mine has grown too tall (more than 6ft now!), I need to trim it to encourage more growth. In answer to your question at my cooking blog, yes, belimbing is extremely sour, have never heard of sweet belimbing before! For the cupcake, you can substitute with plain yoghurt, but then usually in the supermarket the plain yoghurt are sold side by side with the sour cream (both are Sunglo brand). One small container of sour cream contain about 220gm, you dont have to use 242gm as in the recipe. Let me know how it turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's toad...frog the skin more smooth ;-)
    Your Thai jasmine so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you go kissing the toad, it may turn into your prince.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes this is toad. I have a few toad families in the garden and they scare me a lot by jumping to me suddenly always haha. Your thai jasmine looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am always fond of white flower. Malar did you received any mail from me? I forgot to ask whether it arrived safely, I am just worried I got the wrong address.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitchen flavour: oppps... what i mean was a bit sweet+tangy+sour taste. Thanks for ur substitute idea! I shall try soon!

    Orchid de dangau
    milka
    Thanks for dropping by!

    rainfield61: I already found my prince charming!2 prince will be disaster ! ahhahahha....

    MKZ: I haven't receive any yet! May be still on the way. Will let you know once i get it ok!

    petunia: cute? wow! i was thinking so many time before putting up this toad pic and post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Either toad or frog... I don't like them. Once one ugly toad came into my house! Good shot on that wrightia flower :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. TOAD!!!!! Eew.. I'm scared of them because the look er.... ugly..

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a toad. I think frogs are less slimmer. It is good fengshui to have toads or frogs in the garden. Moreover, the presence of frogs and toads and tadpoles are good for your eco-friendly garden. They help to eliminate the mosquitoes. Even their droppings fertilize your garden soil.

    ReplyDelete