Thursday, December 2, 2010

Where is "petola" plant????


I planted this "petola" plant a month ago and have neglect it so much. The seedling was not so healthy but leave it to strive on it's own. Rainy season started that i totally ignored the plant.

yesterday i saw the plant in sorry state..... On top of unhealthy looking plant, caterpillar have chewed away most of the leaves...... i cut the whole plant with 50++ caterpillar and throw it away! I don't want the caterpillar to move to my other plants nearby for a good meal!



5 comments:

  1. The same thing happened to my bitter gourd plants. Got to start again, I have been busy lately and have sort of neglected my plants too! And it really shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many caterpillars feasting on your petola. but on the happy side, it does show that your garden is rich and thriving thus butterflies come and sniff around for flowers and of course to lay eggs as well. Alright Malar, you can start all over again. I just transferred 6 petola baby plants on the vegetable raised bed. There will be updates on them soon.... ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pest have been very busy I see. Ours is hiding in between the sweetcorns, I should check on them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malar, your poor petola! This is what I hate about growing vegetables..caterpillars and bugs! Urrgghhh...I hope I dont get them on my plants, but unfortunately, I think that cant be avoided, soon or later, they will come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor petola! They have just sufferred a hostile invasion by creepy crawlies whose mouths are like WOMD.

    ReplyDelete