Azadirachta Indica or commonly known as neem is a drought tolerant plant! I planted it outside my house. The soil is absolutely bad with many rocks. It's been planted a year ago. Neem is fast growing plant but due to the soil condition it's growing very slowly. When the condition is not suitable, it will drop most of it's leaves to survive. That is what my neem tree doing i guess! I add fertilizer and mulch to enrich the soil.
All part of this plant have medicinal properties!
Indeed it has Malar. I remembered when I got chicken pox my mom used to grind these Neem leaves into a paste and cover my body from head to toe! It really dried up the scabs so fast and soothes the skin from the itch.
ReplyDeleteIs it the same as the neem oil used to kill plants?
ReplyDeletep3chandan: Yes! it has antispectic value!
ReplyDeleteOKC: Neem oil is extract from this plant. It has many usage beside used for medical purpose!
Whoops.. I meant to say... used to kill insects.. I said plants by accident.. whoops.. :p
ReplyDeleteOKC: I realize it! hahahah... Anyway it's used to kill insect!
ReplyDeleteWow!! Look at that plant grow!!
ReplyDelete